Stepping into adulthood with confidence
Sadness, irritability, anger, withdrawal from family and friends…any number of feelings may be signs of depression or another mood disorder which can derail your efforts at school or work, disrupt your relationships, and keep you from getting on with your life.
With FOCUS, young adults who suffer from these complex emotional and behavioral issues can take their first steps toward a more satisfying life. In this unique residential program, we’ll pinpoint your diagnosis with a comprehensive assessment, then develop an individualized plan for you based on evidence-based therapy. Given an average stay of 45 to 60 days, this targeted treatment plan and structured activity will provide you with the skills you need to transition into a productive new life—a life worth living.
- Bipolar disorder
- Other mood disorders
- Co-occurring anxiety disorders
- Co-occurring personality and substance use disorders
Focus is led by board-certified adult psychiatrist Jerry L. Halverson, MD, medical director of adult services at Rogers Memorial Hospital; and psychologist Rachel C. Leonard, PhD, clinical supervisor. Other team members include: primary care physician, registered nurse, social worker, registered dietician, experiential therapists, certified addiction counselors and residential counselors.
What sets FOCUS apart?
FOCUS is one of the few programs of its kind in the country, built on a foundation of evidence-based care and Rogers' acclaimed clinical expertise in cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), emphasizing behavioral activation (BA) and complemented by dialectical behavior therapy (DBT) informed skills. Other features that set FOCUS apart include:
- Cognitive behavioral therapy services directed by a board-certified adult psychiatrist, a recognized expert in the evidence-based treatment of psychiatric disorders..
- Hospitalist model ensures active, regular engagement with patients.
- Experienced multidisciplinary treatment team.
- Emphasis on patient and family education and involvement.
- Coordination of continuing care with other treatment providers and insurance companies.
- Ability to draw on Rogers on-site specialty expertise if co-occuring treatment needs are identified.
For a free screening or to make a referral, call 800-767-4411